The Post Graduate Certificate Courses in Security Operations (PGCSO)
This Programme is a structured programme with 16 credits of 06 months duration. During this period the trainees are required to complete theory & physical training in 06 weeks and industrial training in 15 weeks. On successful completion of this program, the trainee will be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Security Operations by IGNOU. The curriculum of the programme is developed for understanding the basic principles & concepts of security, basic security skills, competencies for performing the security operations in different establishments with allied security skills i.e. Fire Fighting Operations & First Aid. The curriculum includes drill & physical training to develop physical endurance for performing physically tough duties. Personality development is also an important part of the curriculum. Industrial training is the practical application of security operation skills acquired during the academic training. The industrial training will be carried out in units providing security to private and government organizations and is undertaken after completion of the academic study. After completion of the industrial training, the trainees submit project reports for evaluation.
- Career Opportunity:
The PG Certificate Programme will prepare trainees for placement in the security industry as Security Inspector, Unit Commander, Area Officer etc and also by the Corporate Houses to be part of their internal security division as Security Shift In Charge
Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Security Operation.(PGDCO)
This is a programme comprising 32 credits of 01 year duration. During this period the trainees are required to complete 16 credits academic training (theory & physical training) in 03 months and 16 credits industrial training (On job training) in 07 months. On successful completion of this program, the trainee will be awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in Security Operations by IGNOU. The curriculum of 03 months academic training has been designed to combine innovation with academic excellence. It offers trainees a diversified curriculum in specific areas and topics. A major focus is on learning through case studies, guest lectures, seminars, presentations, workshops on personality development and industrial visit that would complement the classroom learning and enhance overall experience. A specific emphasis is therefore put on helping trainees to “learn how to learn”, i.e. motivating them to explore and discover new knowledge and practices thought to be useful for solving security problems and security operational issues. The participant growth is stimulated and they are encouraged for collective learning and support for the realization of each individual potential. The 07 months industrial training is the practical application of the academic learning of 03 months. A report on the industrial training is to be submitted for evaluation.
- Career Opportunity:
The PG Diploma Programme will prepare trainees for placement in the security industry as Assignment Manager, Assistant Security Officer, Unit Commander, Assistant Operation Manager etc and also by the Corporate Houses to be part of their internal security division as Assistant Security Offices.
- Eligibility (PGDSO & PGCSO):
- Education: Graduate Degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Age: 23 – 35 years as on 01 Jan 2018.
- Desirable: Good command in English (the medium of programmes will be English) and proficiency in computers Preference will be given to candidates having NCC ‘C’ certificate, MBA and outstanding sports achievements.
- Standard of Physical Fitness:
- Height 165 cms (for females 160 cms), weight according to standard table of height and weight, Chest 80 cms with an expansion of 4 cms.
- Far sight vision 6/6, near 0.6/0.6 with or without correction, free from colour blindness, should be able to identify and distinguish colour display in security equipments and read and understand display in English alphabets and Arabic numerals.
- Free from knock knee and flat foot and should be able to run one Kilometer in six minutes.
- Hearing: Free from defect and should be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and the alarms generated by security equipments.
- The candidate should be free from evidence of any contagious or infectious disease. He/She should not be suffering from any disease which is likely to be aggravated by service or is likely to render him unfit for service or endanger the health of the public.
Selection TEST will be held by IGNOU Faculty to check out your General Knowledge. To know more about Selection TEST do visit Ignou website.